We head out again on the morning of August 12 after a windy night at anchor. After several hours of rain and wind, we find a relatively safe place in Mac Cormick fjord. Here the wait begins for the crew – waiting for the wind to die down, and ideally the sea too, so we can leave. The night is calm but in the morning, and against all odds, the wind increases and we are stuck here. We take our shifts on watch: if anything changes, wake the captain!
So here we are on this beautiful Monday, waiting, well anchored, and listening to the wind to tell us our schedule.
Next Stop: Canada. We leave Greenland with a great desire to return to the many beautiful places and wonderful people we’ve encounter along the way.